View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This is something that really bothers me. I've said this before, sometimes you have to switch it up and not keep doing the same damn thing over and over again. Luka is a young guy he doesn't need to sit out almost half the 4th qtr's every single game especially when you know your team always blow a lead.

-8: Suns start the fourth quarter 15-7 (when Luka always sits)
Every game, Luka Doncic’s minutes usually play out like this:

Plays the whole first quarter
Sits for six minutes / plays for six minutes in the second quarter
Plays the whole third quarter
Sits for five to six minutes to start the fourth / plays until the final buzzer.
Well, I think it’s time to reevaluate this. The minutes Luka sat to start the 4th seem to destroy the Mavericks every game. It was true again tonight, ending the third quarter up five to only re-enter the game down 3 with 7:13 left in the game. Yes, Dallas had a two point lead for pretty much the whole last minute of the game and should’ve finished it. But if a 35-year-old Chris Paul can play the whole fourth quarter (when it matters most) then so can a 21-year-old Luka Doncic.
The problem is he doesn't have an offensive system. Unless you have an elite backup pg, it will be hard to free-wheel it and expect the same results as if Luka is on the floor. Luka is not in the best shape. It would be nice to play him 48 mins but that's not realistic. I agree though, Rick is to inflexible. Why not just try Boban at Gobert? Just to see.