View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #77
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
No disrespect but that type of attitude is exactly why it's hard for some fans to understand the direction of this franchise when it comes to rookies beyond Luka and Brunson.

This is not a championship team.

In fact you could make an argument that the Mavs are borderline playoff team and there are several teams trying to make the playoffs just like the Mavs yet they also find ways to play their rookies.

Memphis plays Bane 22.7 MPG, Boston plays Peyton Pritchard 20 MPG, New York plays Immanual Quickley 19 MPG, San Antonio plays Vassell 17.4 MPG, Denver plays Campazzo 17 MPG and Miami plays Precious Achiwua 13 MPG

Now explain to me how those teams in the middle of a playoff race have been playing their rookies all year.

How do those teams differ from Dallas?

The sad part is and I seriously feel this way this........I don't think some of those rookies listed would ever had sniffed the floor in they were in Dallas this year.

In fact I watched a few Golden St games and Nico Mannion since returning from the G-League has gotten minutes every game.
All rookies and situations are different, and the Mavs are just flat out better than SA, Memphis, and NY, and in a much different part of their trajectories. Campazzo is not exactly a rookie, given that he’s played professional basketball for many years. Pritchard got opportunities with the Celtics because they were short handed and he produced. Much like Jalen Brunson.

All these guys were drafted higher than Bey. You certainly don’t need an “excuse” to not force him into a 10 minute per night role. That’s just crazy.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote