View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 11:47 PM   #38
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The elephant in the room is that Luka might get a little better at a few things over the next 5 years but this group of players just doesn't have enough even if Luka ascends from the 3 or 4th best player in NBA to unequivocally the best player in league. Porzingis as a legit 2nd star is a bust. We need to face that and move him for a create his own offense type of guy. There should be nobody other than Luka that is untouchable from a trade perspective. If we can't land a star free agent in the next year and learn to draft when outside the top 5 what hope is there to build around young Luka before he bolts. A young rebounder like Saddiq Bey would really help in these type of games where 2nd shot opportunities for Blazers killed Mavs. Good effort though.
I watched THJ on several plays just let guys rebound because he's slow to react or box out.

There was one play where Derek Jones Jr. just reacted quicker than THJ and Richardson on the offensive glass. They were in a position to box dude out and neither guy moved.

But it's also over the course of a game where someone like Kanter will grab offensive rebounds and get easy buckets and by the time you look you that guy has 14 points and 10 rebounds

Zubac did this to Dallas in both Clippers games.

It puzzles me because they see the defensive deficiency on the boards yet they think it won't hurt them in playoff games.

Good PG's expose this team 90% of the time and I've seen enough now to realize neither Richardson or DFS is going to solve that problem.

I also believe Kleber wears down late in games because once teams get him defending inside they just tire him out so his legs are zapped by the 4th qtr.

KP is just puzzling.....

You can clearly see they want to get him the ball inside and he's been aggressive taking shots inside but now the ref's are calling him for every offensive foul in the books lately.

He can't create his own shot so that leads to him going half of qtr's without a shot.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote