View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #563
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
If you just observe of the league from tonight you can kind of get idea of just how avg or inconsistent the Mavs are....

Two examples would be Philly and Atlanta

Philly even without Embiid and Simmons in the lineup won another game tonight. This is the 2nd time recently that team has won with both of those of those guys sitting out.

Tobias Harris as a 3rd option is so much better than anyone we have on this roster and Dwight Howard despite the hate he gets is so much better than big'swe have on the roster in terms of rebounding & defense yet the Mavs didn't even want him.

It really speaks volumes as to the roster we have around Luka and KP.
Honestly I think that says a lot more about Philly than it does about the Mavs. You take any team around the league and take out their two best players, and pretty much everyone except Sixers and the Nets are going to suck. Look at the Lakers.

Quote:
Atlanta has done something that the Mavs haven't accomplished all season extend a winning streak beyond 4 games.

Regardless of schedule it just puzzles me as to how Atlanta could stay focused and win 8 straight games with a defense that isn't that much better than the Mavs. There's no way in hell anyone though the Hawks would be equal to or better than the Mavs.
Atlanta has a nice win streak going. Good for them. Why should I care? How does this an indictment of the Mavs? With the exception of the OKC game where Luka and KP both sat out (a decision I didn't agree with either, but it is what it is) just about every game the Mavs have lost in the last two months has come against an arguably better team. You think because we went 2-2 against the Clippers and the Blazers that means the Mavs aren't "focused" like the Hawks. The Clippers are unequivocally better than the Mavericks, and the Blazers are arguably better too. 2-2 is a success.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-24-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote