View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #620
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think it's hard to upgrade when your telling your fan base that you love your boys in blue and your content with the top 11 players on your roster.

That is what Donnie said on the fan 105.3 the other day.

So to me the Mavs probably tried to low ball someone and I get it your not trying to give up a ransom for a player like Gordon but your also not getting that type of talent back unless your willing to trade value back.

IT wouldn't shock me if the Mavs refused to trade some of those guys

Hell it was reported that they tried to Collins for Kleber

Would trade Collins for Kleber if you were Atlanta?

Those are the type of deals it seems like the Mavs are hoping to fleece people with and if it doesn't work they will stay the course with their boys in BLUE.
Allow me to point out what I think is a contradiction in your argument. You seem to be arguing that the Mavs are not being aggressive enough in making trades, and then you turn around and argue that the Mavs are making low-ball offers. I find it ironic, because I think you, not Donnie or the Mavs, are the one overvaluing the Mavs assetts.

The Mavs offered Kleber for Collins. That was the ENTIRE offer? Do you have a link for this? Because from what I've read, Kleber was only part larger offer involving other assetts. The Hawks were not impressed. Fair enough. And no, I would not at all trade Collins for Kleber if I were the Hawks. I probably wouldn't trade for any package the Mavs could afford to offer, because the Mavs don't have much to offer at all.

As for the "we love our boys in BLUE..." I mean, what exactly is Donnie supposed to say? "Nah, we don't like our guys that much. We're actively looking to trade them." How exactly does that increase their value????
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote