View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #633
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Naw it wasn't a burn I was just commenting on what I'm witnessing. I get it. It sucks to read negativity about the Mavs especially when its the same ol' same ol'....but damn it feels like this organization is running the same ol' same ol'. I keep giving them the excuses that they didn't have the trade bait to get certain guys but I'm not sure if its just an excuse or actual truth. I think they really like how their team is constructed and basically want to trade a Datsun for a Range Rover.
Fair enough. But I would argue it's not necessarily that just want to trade a Datsun for a Range Rover. I think they simply have a Datsun, and need a Range Rover.

I'm not saying the Mavs have been perfect by any means. But I do think some posters on this forum have consistently either overestimated the Mavs assets, or they underestimate how hard it is to actually make trades. There's a reason only like 6 teams make noteworthy trades at the deadline each year, and the other 24 don't. They don't all love their guys so much. The fact is, for most teams, there simply isn't a rush or incentive. It just makes more sense to wait until the offseason.

I don't know exactly how much they really like their boys in blue vs. how much that is just PR talk. I think they like their team better than some of the posters here- because reading the GDT's, I'd swear this is actually a Rockets forum and the Mavs are the ones who just lost like 20 in a row. Most people don't seem to think or feel that the Mavs have actually been pretty damn good since early February and have quietly put together a very respectable season.

But I guarantee you they do not love their boys in blue so much that they don't want to make the team better. Reports came out last year that the Mavs considered everyone outside of Luka and KP expendable, and then this year it got out that they were gauging KP's value around the league- yes they denied it, but I don't buy their denials. I think they absolutely were quietly shopping KP.

So, that tells me that everyone outside of Luka is on the table as far as the MBT is concerned. So I don't share the impression that they haven't made a trade happen because they simply value their guys too much and have been unwilling to trade TJH or Brunson or someone.

Quote:
I agree. And for the record, I'd still do that trade for KP......I'm not entirely sure if they would've drafted a guy of his caliber with those draft picks anyway....but when teams are selling its tough to try and buy without recent 1st round picks available.
For the record, I agree. I would also still do the KP trade. KP is flawed and limited, but he's still probably better than anyone they would have drafted and DSJ has basically washed out of the league.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote