View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 01:48 PM   #637
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The only one that's even close to debatable is George, and that's only because he's fallen off quite a bit. The dude has been a top 10 player for much of his career and was 3rd in MVP voting just a couple of seasons ago.

CP3 is still one of the best point guards in the league and has been responsible for an almost Nash-like turnaround in Phoenix.

Gobert may not be quite the defensive juggernaut he was in years past, but he's still elite and by the way, is either the best or the second best player on the team that has been the #1 seed throughout the season.

Simmons... Simmons is so much better than KP that I'm kind of shocked anyone would even argue otherwise. Simmons might be the best defensive player in the league, and is probably this year's DPOY.
OH if we are comparing careers for sure I'd say PG and CP3 are better.
But in 2021? CP3 is a great point guard. He's also been on 3 different teams in the past few years for a reason. It wasn't like the Suns gave up the house to get him. And if I'm being honest.....Devin Booker was a better player before CP got there but they seem to be a better team. They were also trending up last year even with Rubio.

Simmons is a great defensive player. Won't take that from him. Solid passer. He's offensively challenged however. Which is why the Sixers right now are trying to trade for Kyle Lowry because they understand how offensively challenged a offense can be in the playoffs when your distributor can't shoot.

You can argue either way that KP is better or worse than those guys......I'm more so saying that once you get to about #16 in the league....everyone else is debatable from about #16 to about #25-30.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote