View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #645
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
So you think they are just getting lowballed for their guys or teams just don't value their guys like we think?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Do I think the Mavs are being lowballed for their guys, or other teams don't value the Mavs' players like posters here do? Is that what you're asking? Because I thought the question was over the Mavs lowballing other teams, not the other way around.

Either way, what I think is basically that there are only a tiny handful of players that are or were actually available for trade, even fewer that would actually help the Mavs, and of that group- we're talking a number you can count on one hand- the Mavs simply don't have assets that other teams can't easily outbid. The thing teams seem to value way above everything else at the moment is precisely the one thing the Mavs don't have- first round picks.

The Fournier thing is weird and frustrating, but as you pointed out, it's more weird that there weren't a dozen teams offering a least a first round pick, so you can't really single out the Mavs.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-25-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote