View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 09:50 PM   #819
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
For whatever it's worth, I was listening to Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo just now talk about the Oladipo trade in real-time as it was announced, and they both mentioned were both surprised that Houston even got that much for Oladipo, because there was basically zero market for him- meaning they were surprised Miami gave anything for him because they were guaranteed to get him in the offseason for nothing. They both said that all the executives they knew had told them that they weren't interested in Oladipo because everyone knew he was just going to go to Miami.

The Mavericks were never mentioned as potential suitors for him.
That's a interesting take to me because in past years teams had no issue trading for guys like Paul George. Remember everyone knew Paul George was going to LA and everyone knew Kawhi was going to LA...yet, teams still lined up to get them. Same thing for Anthony Davis I think Boston put a bid in on him. Granted, Dipo is not of their caliber but still I'm shocked to hear that people didn't want to trade for him because they knew he was going to Miami.

So hell what does that say about future deals? Seems like this can be a mess for the future.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote