View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 01:05 AM   #842
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
This is what puzzles me about the trade for Reddick.

On one hand Mavs FO loves their team because of the high power offense potential when completely healthy.
But they trade two defenders that could be needed as insurance or in certain situations like you mention leaving us somewhat vulnerable on the defensive end.

I just didn’t see the need to make that trade. The added offense is a luxury but we have very little chance of advancing in the POs if DFS, JRich or Maxi are out for any reason during the POs considering the players we might face. And we give up a pick on top of it.

Just seems like the risk wasn’t worth the potential reward to me.
Trust me I completely understand

I would have just took my shot at Redick via buyout and if he decided he still wanted to go with Brooklyn or Boston then so be it.

The only problem I had with JJ and Iwundu was their lack of shooting but they both displayed some solid defense in spurts for the Mavs especially Iwundu.

Redick has to be hidden on defense and I don't like the possibility that he'll come off the bench and share the floor with Brunson & THJ in playoff games.

Those types of lineups are the primary reason why the Mavs can't hold leads when Luka sits down. They become a walking layup drill for the opposing teams or they don't close out on shooters because they lack size and length.

I was crossing my fingers for Porter to be that 3rd wing defender primarily coming off the bench but someone posted he's staying in Orlando so that's not good news.

Redick to me at this stage of his career is probably no better than having J J Barrea just two different type of players on their last legs.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote