View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 06:48 PM   #862
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The Mavs after getting Dirk won 50+ games every year for over a decade, made the finals twice and won a championship. Then they got Luka- a player that has the potential to be one of the top 10 greatest players ever- before Dirk even retired. As EL pointed out earlier in this thread, most teams after winning a title are awful for decades.

Mavs fans are spoiled. I have no idea whether the guys we drafted in 2020 will be anything, but the Cuban-Nelson brain trust on the whole has been far more successful than most other NBA organizations.

Yes, after 2011 it got rough. They were still routinely in the playoffs until 2016. Plan powder was dumb, but making the playoffs is still an accomplishment. People act like we've been the frigging Knicks or something.
Spoiled? That's silly. When the Mavs won in 2011 with a 32 yo Dirk would you have thought that Zero playoff series wins in the next decade would be the achievement? I would have taken the over if someone would have given me 5 series wins in a decade.

Last edited by Zeus; 03-28-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote