View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:27 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Yeah I think that's overrated too

How many stars went to Houston to play with Harden? But their GM was aggressive and found players to add to the team. Plus the organization was outstanding at developing young players to make them attractive to add to deals

I like Carlisle as a coach. BUT he has his style and that doesn't really involve playing youngsters. That was great when it was Dirk and we had the veteran guys who were capable of carrying their share of the load. But the veterans we have now are not the same caliber of Terry/Kidd/Marion/Chandler/Barea

There needs to be an organizational program to develop young players and Carlisle either has to buy in or be replaced. I really hate that it comes to that but we HAVE to have a continuous wave of young players to supplement the huge contracts of Porzingis and Luka (soon)
I still think Carlisle is a great coach. Elite, even. However I also agree that he is not the ideal fit for a young team and is far better off coaching a team full of veterans. I'm withholding judgement on the current batch of rookies though, because he honestly just might be right about them not being ready. If we don't see something out of them next season though, either he's not the right coach for them, or they're just not any good, or both. And that's a scary possibility, because you're right, we have to have good young players coming in, or we're screwed.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote