View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #123
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If the NBA is completely live by the three, die by the three then we should never have traded away Seth Curry.

Statistics be damned, I disagree with the notion that you need to hit threes to win. You need to take good shots. Luka and JRich were a combined 1 of 15 from three. Luka gets a pass because he felt the need to take difficult shots when his teammates were struggling to get going. The others need to attack the basket instead of settling for garbage shots that result in long rebounds and often a fast break opportunity for the other team.

You don’t have to settle for what the defense is giving you. When is the last time Richardson took it strong to the basket and tried to finish at the rim instead of fading off his pivot? Why does KP camp on the perimeter instead of hunting for mismatches/ switches in the paint? Why doesn’t KP start free throw line extended more often the way Dirk used to?

I don’t know the answers to these questions. It could be that Carlisle is pigeonholing our guys based on how he reads the floor. Moving forward we need an elite roll guy to pair with Luka. I thought KP would thrive in a pick and pop/ pick and roll game with Luka but for whatever reason that has failed.