View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 05:15 PM   #91
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I went ahead and took a look to see if there was one I was forgetting

-JJB RC played and he had a pretty great career.
-Roddy B RC played him but he was mired by injuries.
-Dominique Jones RC didn't play and he was out of the league after 3 years.
-Ricky Ledo RC didn't play and was out of the league after 2 years.
-Dwight Powell RC did play and he still plays.
-Crowder RC played and he still plays.
-Jared Cunningham RC did not play and he played(barely) for 5 other teams in 2 years and was gone from the league.
-Bernard James RC didn't play him and he was out of the league in 3 yrs.
-Shane Larkin RC didn't play him much and he was out of the league after 4yrs.
-Justin Anderson RC didn't play him much and he's out of the league after 5yrs.
-Yogi Ferrell RC played him and he is still in the league.
-Dodo RC played him and he's still in the league.
-Hammons RC didn't play him and he was out of the league after 1 year
-Spalding RC didn't play and he was out of the league until Rockets signed him to a 2 way and played him 19 mins this season.
-Isiah Roby RC didn't play and he's currently with the OKC - TBD
-Brunson RC played and he's still in the league

I didn't list all the young players just the more notable ones. We had a plethora of guys who were roster fodder I won't count but we also had guys who had roles here and were undrafted and older players from Europe like Salah and Kleber who RC obviously played. But this list is more of an indictment of the MBT drafting and scouting personnel more than RC and his rotations imo. Now as you said I have no idea how much input RC has with the draft or scouting process but whoever it is this is a pretty trash list even if we are drafting late. The only one I can even get on board with is not Crowder but Roddy and only in his rookie season. Roddy in all honesty was never the guy he was in his rookie season. His rookie season he was an analytics star in limited minutes but after that he wasn't remotely the same player.

So for me in terms of young players and playing time for RC, with the exception of 1 season of Roddy B, I can't honestly see an issue with the lack of playing time for the list above.
Nice summary. Thanks for the time and reply, and I agree with you. Under closer scrutiny, it is more of an idictment of the MBT than it is RC, and depending upon how much input he actually has in this area, he may really be blameless. When I look at the roster, I scratch my head at times wondering why imo the roster talent appears to be such a poor match for how RC wants the team to play.

As far as changes to the MBT that may be beneficial, since Cuban isn't going anywhere that leaves Donnie and RC. I am beyond tired of RC, his system, not adapting to the talent on the roster, etc... We have been stuck in Cowboy mode for far too long, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if either Donnie or RC or both were replaced. If both were replaced, we'd find out soon enough how much of the problem may be Cuban, but Mark's no dummy so that just may add to their job security. :-O Yes, I'm a cynical one. heh

Bottom line, a team has to win 4 games to advance in the playoffs, and the Mavs play a 5 out system that puts a premium on analytics and 3's. They just don't have the players with the skillsets to consistently play that way. They are not consistent enough, and when the 3's aren't falling the answer is not to go smaller. I will continue to cheer for the Mavs, but I am realistic and will be sure to berate myself for being too emotionally invested once the Mavs have been eliminated. The Cowboys taught me years ago not to emotionally invest in a fundamentally flawed organization, and with each passing year, the Mavs look no different to me. I just wish I weren't such a slow learner at times. :-/

Last edited by turin; 04-15-2021 at 07:54 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote