Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 07:52 PM   #82
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The problem is....

Ayton came to Phoenix in the same draft as Luka

That's why I said Ayton and Booker.....

I'm comparing the roster building since Ayton and Booker teamed up. The Suns were better at building the roster around those two and it's not even close.

Their draft decisions were smarter and then they ignored a specific time line unlike the Mavs and went after a quality skilled veteran player to help win now (Paul) regardless if he wouldn't be around when Ayton/Booker hit their prime.

Mavs are so hell bent on specific types of players that a move like that would immediately get shot down by the organization because the specific players they need or want have to fit the Luka time line or either Rick's precious system.
What draft pick have the Suns made since Ayton (clear mistake that the Mavs took advantage of) that has made an impact? I can only think of turning the 6th pick into Saric and Johnson. Not terrible, but it’s the 6th pick. The Mavs had to trade their draft picks for Luka and KP.

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-17-2021 at 07:53 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote