Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #86
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
Seems strange to give Phoenix credit for the Paul trade while ignoring the Porzingis trade. I'd say those are roughly comparable in terms of what assets were used (though Dallas had to give 2 first round picks, making any other trades much more difficult) as well as expected quality of talent at the times the trades were made.

Also strange to not acknowledge that Phoenix has had 3 times as many first round picks (and higher, as well) as Dallas since the Ayton/Luka picks.

So far it looks like Dallas may have missed with the single first round pick they've had since Luka - but when they made the pick, almost everyone here was happy with Green.

At least we know that Dallas41 would have made the same mistake he's criticizing the Mavs for making.
The problem with that is I'm not a scout being paid to evaluate players but I did describe the type of player Green is accurately right?

And if you notice I even stated I didn't see Bey as much in college compared to Green because I live in Arizona and Green was on TV out here often.

But I referenced his defense not offense as being a strength.

The Mavs have actual scouts so they would have more knowledge of Green, Bey and Bane

I think it's safe to say I used bias support for Green with him being a local prospect.

Not sure what criteria the Mavs paid scouts used to determine or project he was the better player than Bey.

That's as honest of an answer as I can give for liking Green.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-18-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote