Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 03:41 PM   #136
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Don't the stats say the opposite? Only one team in the league gets open for jumpers more. We're a top-10 offense in the league. PnR rolls are top 10.

We're getting a lot of open threes and lots of potential assisted layups/dunks. Those are excellent shots. We just aren't finishing them.

Our only offensive weaknesses are Offensive Reb (I mean duh with KP out there), iso drives, and transition. Transition offense blows my mind because we're built to run. For ISO drives, we don't really have anyone who drives outside of Luka, but we don't really need it with Luka driving and distributing. The only real offensive issue we have is offensive rebounding/putbacks, but our rebounding will always be awful with KP standing 30' from the basket.

More concerning to me than the 10th place offense is the 20th place defense and 17th place rebounding. We gotta figure out how to defend.
There is a reason jump shooting teams historically rarely win championships. GS was an outlier imo.

The reality is that the Mavs do not have the players and talent for playoff success playing 5 out.

The playoffs require defense and smart, consistent offensive production to beat a top team 4 games. The Mavs have none of that.

Analytics from stats produced over a season against all teams are very misleading. Expecting that type of "average" production in the playoffs is wishful thinking.

I don't think RC gets the most out of his talent. He is too wedded to his system. Players look worse than they actually are at times when asked to do things beyond their skillset. DFS is a prime example.

Last edited by turin; 04-27-2021 at 03:46 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote