Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #254
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Mavs (40-28) Remaining Schedule
Memphis (35-33)
New Orleans (31-38)
Toronto (27-41)
Minnesota (21-47)

Blazers (40-29) Remaining Schedule
Utah (50-19)
Phoenix (48-20)
Denver (44-24)

Lakers (38-30) Remaining Schedule
New York (38-30)
Houston (16-53)
Indiana (32-36)
New Orleans (31-38)

I could easily see the Lakers going 4-0. I doubt the Blazers go 3-0, but I could see them going 2-1 (doubtful but not too surprising) or 1-2 (more likely). I believe the Blazers have the tie breaker vs. the Mavs. Bottom line is Mavs need to win at least two games for me to feel they will likely avoid the play-in. If the Lakers lose tonight to the Knicks, then I will breathe easier. The scenario where the Lakers jump both the Mavs and the Blazers is not one that I would want to see.
Its gonna be fun to watch. Lakers almost need to win out to avoid play in. Mavs need two of four to keep the 5 spot. Dont see Blazers winning out, but teams could rest.