View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Another scenario would be that Kawhi opts out of his last contract year with the Clippers. If you look at their roster and associated contracts, PG is signed for $40M for multiple years, Morris is signed for multiple years at $15-$17M, Kennard has a salary bump starting next year at $12.7M, Beverly one year at $14M, Zubac for a couple more years at $7.5M, Rondo for another year at $7.5M. Maybe Clippers go into "trade your rotation players" mode and rebuild the roster, or maybe Klaw jumps ship, or maybe both. I agree it is way too early to speculate and it is probably stating the obvious to say there is considerable pressure on the Clippers to make a deep run. Anything short of an appearance in the Finals would be a huge disappointment.

Mavs need a Game 3 win because the Clippers are still very dangerous.
It's possible, but I doubt Kawhi goes anywhere. He seems to love playing in LA. He moved heaven and earth to get there in the first place. He left behind a championship team to get to LA. I have a hard time seeing him going anywhere else when it would undeniably damage his legacy to leave, and when George will almost certainly take the brunt of the blame for this version of the team failing.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote