View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 02:42 AM   #273
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

KP gets 30 mil a year, but is playing like a 15 mil player.

There's no way he should get another max contract next time. Let him walk if someone wants to pay that and get 2 15 mil players, or by then 2 20 mil players. Or even better trade him before this one expires if we can get a decent return.

I've seen where the highest paid player is not the best player on the team, but I've never seen it where a max player is an afterthought. When you think of Mavs you don't think of KP. No one else currently on the roster even makes half of what he makes. If he was that guy and you combine him with Luka we'd be near unstoppable considering we're surrounded with shooters. In reality we're the 5 seed and that only happended with a late season surge. No one mentions the Mavs as title contenders.

He had a good enough season at 20 and 9 but needs multiple huge games in the playoffs where it counts. I think it's mostly a myth that he's a great defender as well there was some stats in New York that painted him as one but I haven't seen it in Dallas. If he was a great defender that averages 20 ppg with 9 rebounds he'd be worth it but he's not. I give him slightly above average overall due to excellent rim protection and shot blocking average on-ball bad off ball.

This series is far from over as well. If they win tomorrow they just stole homecourt advantage back. While it seems it's been a disadvantage so far that doesn't usually last for the entire 7 games.

Last edited by Jayinem; 05-29-2021 at 03:07 AM.
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote