View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #294
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
KP has been terrible but he has been better and quicker passing out of the double team or even single coverage on the block when he doesn’t have a rhythm shot. We got some open 3s out of that last night— I counted 3. He did have one egregious turnover where he failed to feel/see the double coming from behind. I think Kawhi stripped him.

I do think they have to get him going early. KP will be amped up after such a bad performance. Get him engaged early.
You might be the only guy in this entire thread that pointed out his ability to pass

I don't think anyone has noticed beyond KP and Luka this team lacks good passers or guys who can actually find open shooters or cutters.

KP had 4 assists in game 3 Luka was the only other guy on the team who really had assist.

What does that say about the rest of team?

Mavsmoneyball touched on it we have too many guys with tunnel vision (shoot 1st mentally) and if they can't get off a good shot they are basically stranded and it results into bad possessions often.

Brunson is good at driving but when gets stuck in traffic you'll notice he's not really good finding open shooters which is why his assist totals are always low for a PG

But my biggest gripe is KP just seems to get less shots than half the other starters and even some bench players at times. I've rarely seen throughout these playoffs after watching all the other teams play where the teams 2nd leading scorer only gets 10 shots and goes 5 minute stretches pretty often without taking a shot.

Now maybe it's KP just not being aggressive enough looking for his shot but it just looks like as a team outside of Luka no one else really passes the ball to even get him a shot but KP will pass the ball often himself.

He just might have to play like THJ and just let it fly every time he touches the ball instead of looking to swing the ball so often.

Game 2 was a blue print as to how he can get involved inside and out but it just looked like in game 3 it was every man for himself on offense.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-30-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote