View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 10:32 PM   #306
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I've always said that KP is an underrated passer, and I'd like to see some offense flow through him similar to what Denver does, but the 5 out isn't conducive to this. Also, people point out that KP is not good in the post. Well, to be frank, our offense rarely gives him opportunities in the post, and he's still a young guy, but I don't exactly see where the focus on developing this part of his game is going to come from if not from the coaches. A guy standing on the perimeter jacking 3's may not be required by the coaching staff to work on backing down players while in the post. Yes, KP has a responsibility in his development, but the coaching staff doesn't get a pass.

Has everybody already forgotten how the Mavs' coaching staff was copying plays from the Lakers because they were having trouble integrating him into the offense? I sure haven't, and those very same issues are still present.

My fear tonight is that RC reverts back to his small ball tendencies thinking he can better counter the Clippers smaller lineups that way. This is going to be a disaster if he goes this route. Powell, Brunson, Burke, THJ are all poor defenders, and RC's small ball lineups tend to have at least 2 if not 3 of those guys on the floor at the same time. It'll end up being a layup drill, and the Clippers will destroy the Mavs with an inside out game.

My typical answer that gets mocked is a zone with Boban in the middle. Hell, play Boban and KP together. KP typically stands around the 3-pt line on offense, so keep the bigs in the middle of the defense and make the Clippers beat you shooting while eliminating the layup drill.

On offense KP is going to be standing out by the 3-pt line anyway.

2nd unit, throw Maxi out there with WCS. Nice size with some shot blocking presence.

I'd flesh out the rest, but it's a waste of time - never going to happen. Chuckers gonna chuck, and go smaller when possible. :-/

Tonight I think the Mavs get physically dominated. :-(

I hope I'm wrong, but I've been watching this crapshow for too long to believe otherwise. All the Clippers have to do is take THJ out of the game and let Luka get his 40+. Stats will look great for Luka and the Mavs will lose unless KP steps up, and he's just not integral to the offense the way he is utilized, regardless of how many minutes he plays.
Nostradamus I am. :-/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote