View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 01:48 PM   #149
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Actually, I think THJ does play defense. Not your blocker but he does draw offensive fouls a lot. I think the guy who really gets lost of d is KP.
Sure he'll get you 1 charge per game

But how does that offset the fact that he's giving up tons of layups or dunks throughout the game?

IMO the Mavs biggest issue as a team starts with perimeter defense.

They can't stop anyone from getting into the paint and they get beat quite easily off the dribble.

Look at how many times Rondo has blown by our defenders....

Yes we lack rim protection but if you listen to the announcers from yesterday's game they repeatedly were confused as to how the Mavs were allowing the Clippers to easily get to the basket

It doesn't matter if KP, Boban or Kleber were at center if there's no resistance to stop guys from driving your going to get exploited in the paint even if you had Olajuwon, Ewing or Bill Russell as your shot blocker inside.

Then you watch another rookie in this series (Mann) thrown out there to help on Luka and it makes you think what risk is there to try Green a few minutes.

It's a mute point now but this is why I wish they were aggressive going after long guys like Gordon who can defend multiple positions instead of small guards like Redick via trades or FA signings every year.

Redick and Curry were redundant and Wright and Richardson were redundant and at end of the day the Mavs didn't really accomplish anything with those moves

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-31-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote