View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:29 PM   #140
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
My point in bringing those names up aren't because I think THJ is the caliber of those guys. I brought them up because those are the guys we need to be legit contenders in this league. We are that caliber of a player away.

I'm sure there's a argument to be made that Powell is better than THJ but at the end of the day they are the same caliber of player. This team doesn't get better going from THJ to Powell. They just don't. Would I take Powell over THJ? I would. But I also understand the same issues we have with THJ are the same ones you'll find with Powell. Not only that but he will be more expensive as well.

So you're knocking fans for wanting THJ back for 25 million but you're suggesting they get a player of his caliber for the same price or more.

Derozen is more of the speed of what this team needs. But i'm not entirely sure why he'd come here if he's destined go out East but i'd for sure would like him. He lacks the 3 point shot that I think i'd want however he does everything else well. He attacks the basket, hits mid range, solid defense/rebounder....solid passer.

Out of realistic guys he's one i'd want. But I also think he'll cost at least 30 million a year.
I'm not knocking any fans in particular. I'm just saying I dont see the logic. Seriously. I assume that Powell doesn't make us an instant contender, but we KNOW that THJ doesn't. He had a very similar season to last year and hasn't added the other things like penetration/ creation or improved defense to justify a 5-7 million per year raise. I love THJs attitude and understand why people like him. Hell I want him back too. I'd love for him to prove that he wants to be here by understanding our cap situation and realizing that we just can't afford to pay him the upper end of what he might get elsewhere. I wouldn't blame him one bit for accepting more money for a 3 year deal elsewhere or taking equal to what we would offer to play for a contender. I don't mean to knock fans but I really don't get the logic of THJ for 25m AND wanting to retool around Luka.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we needed another creator before this season, but I am now. We can't do anything with KP because his value has hit an epic all time low. That leaves us with taking advantage of our cap space by getting more out of the wing next to Luka and IMO it's wasted on bringing THJ back at the mid 20mil range. The other thing we can do is Rick adjusting his offensive schemes to incorporate KP, it was such a huge investment risk and just settling with KP being wasted away is terrible.

I put as much stock into "Derozan wants to go east" as I do "THJ really wants to start and it will effect his signing". I've heard both but it's too early to fully buy either.

One of the fears I have is that Rick doesn't adjust and put his eggs in the KP will have a healthy offseason so we dont need to adjust the schemes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote