View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<<

<< I might be in the minority with this opinion, too, but I think that the Howard for Raef/NVE trade hurts us >>

I would agree that we did nothing this offseaon to improve while the Spurs and Kings did, but I'm not too sure Howard would have helped us against the big 3. I think he is on a losing team with an expiring contract. Would you want to play for the Nuggets?
>>

Huh?

Yeah, Howard plays on a bad team. He's been amazingly consistent, though, and has worked hard all year. He is going to be highly sought-after this off-season-- watch it. Plus, it's that expiring contract that makes him even more attractive. I think Howard for NVE/LaF is pretty even (though my personal dislike for Raef and NVE's games makes me wish we had Juwan, but I realize I'm biased), but when you consider the contract ramifications... WOW. We could go after anyone and everyone this summer had we not made that trade-- Duncan, Kidd, J. O'Neal, Olowokandi, Arenas, Brand, Maggette, Nesterovic, anyone-- and that, I'm afraid, makes me want to cry.

Also, we would've been able to offer more money to Rashard Lewis and/or Michael Redd this summer had we not absorved Denver's quartet of bad, bad contracts. I can guarantee you we would've gotten one of them.

Advantage: Vandeweghe