View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 09:14 PM   #39
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I have faith in Josh, even if he was Harlabob’s choice. I said this before but Green has things that just can’t be taught. He can be an outstanding defender, rebounder and maybe even passer in this league. He works hard and he was a blue-chip top 10 recruit. He’s just young and inexperienced. The shot will come. Heck, Thybulle just got named 3rd team all Defense I think playing 20 minutes at game and he can’t shoot or pass or anything except defend. And Philly has made him near untouchable in trades it seems.

I like Maxey too. And Bey. I liked Precious. Poku looks great. Stewart looks legit. It was a really deep draft! Even McDaniels later looks like a steal.

Green would go top 10 in 2021 if he went back to AZ. Imagine he went back this season and made the leap Saddiq did and averaged 20 per game as the focal point. No way he’d last till 18 in this shallow draft. Look at it as we were able to buy low on an unfinished product. Whereas someone like Bey is much closer to his ceiling IMO.

I don’t think Green will ever be a star but he could be an all-defensive team type of guy in 4 years. But Bey or Bane or even Maxey probably never be all star types.

Poku and RJ Hampton are the guys that could someday be stars that we passed on. I think Hampton had some character issues and Poku didn’t have much tape against real comp so they slid. Would’ve been a great draft to have two picks like Detroit.
RJ Hampton looks damn good...this draft was funny all we heard about from the "experts" was how "bad" it was......and I see a bunch of guys all through this draft that made impacts this year.

I disagree about Maxey. From what I see he could start RIGHT NOW for the Sixers....they are just committed to Simmons but if I had the choice of Simmons or Maxey....at least I know with Maxey he can go out there and close games...I have to sit Simmons because he can't hit free throws....

I'm biased on Maxey because he's from Garland but I thought he was one of the most talented prospects in this draft. I understood he had issues in college but the potential was always there.....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote