View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 04:17 PM   #16
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

FWIW, my take is worse at coach (hope I'm wrong), but potentially better at GM. Donnie gets a bad knock there...he did what the owner wanted. He had GREAT contacts and insight overseas (Dirk, Antetekounmpo, Luca), and did a pretty good job of finding value at free agency. Terrible at draft picks, but that was more Cuban, I think, than Donnie...Cuban didn't WANT good draft picks...took up slots he wanted to keep open. But, I think his days here were past, and Nico's contacts there, potential new approach, etc are likely an upgrade. Certainly so if you factor in relationship with Bob.

Better coach? I don't know that Kidd is a better coach than Carlisle in anything. BUT, that doesn't mean he might not be a better fit for the Mavs right now. I agree with those saying he needs a great staff (something Rick was good at putting together). I'm hoping for maybe a Tyronn Lue effect. I still don't see what Lue is particularly good at, coaching wise, but he seems to get buy in, and succeed. As long as that last part occurs, I'm good. Kidd certainly seems to have support, from Rick, even, and Dirk, and Cuban. Can he fix all his many apparent flaws from previous HC jobs? Hope so....
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote