View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 06:42 PM   #54
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
He overachieved every year and didnt lose a single playoff series as favorite. And all that with additional terrible luck in the past couple of years (Parsons twice season ending surgery, with KP they may win against the Clippers last year, Kawhi going down little bit earlier and they win for sure. They also win for sure if the #2 and #3 dont lay an egg etc).

Whats really funny is that the same people also bashed the FO for years for plan powder. But now the huuuuuge coaching downgrade is actually a win because they think Kidd has an advantage in plan powder over Rick.

Feel free to watch some Bucks games under Kidd. I remember this sorry ass trainwreck pretty well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
No, go back and watch some Bucks games.

Its a difference if its a trainwreck without your MVP level player because of the lack of talent or if its a trainwreck WITH your MVP level player and plenty of talent

The Bucks were a 0.500 team in a shitty EC...
I agree with most of this. The plan powder part is a tad over the top imo though. You can think Jkidd helps with bringing players here(God knows why but that's what the rumors are saying) without executing plan powder the way the Mavs have... ie- ignore every good free agent because in 1-2yrs a better one is possible(possible as in all 30 teams want him and he can sign anywhere).

But I agree with the rest. There was not one series I can recall where I went in thinking we should absolutely win this series and didn't. There were however plenty of times I thought RC made chicken salad out of chicken shit.

And it's fine to be optimistic about Kidd, hell what else can we do when it's official? But the Bucks were in the East and were a .500 team during his tenure and there were dramatic effects once Bud was there imo. Visual... this looks like good basketball effects. Conversely in the West... Mavs have a 37+yr old Dirk a bum knee parsons a torn achilles wes acting as a number 2 most nights and we were .500 in the West. No matter how you spin that in favor of Kidd, or think that narrative is spun against him, it does not inspire confidence that he is somehow an upgrade right now for me.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote