View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 08:43 AM   #62
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Fair, but as I pointed out in such threads...be careful what you ask for. Ie, if you want to fire somebody, need to have a replacement in mind that will actually be better. So, you can't be on the 'I want a new coach' bandwagon, and then complain when you get one...that's part of the deal. Well, yes, you can complain ;-) ...but it IS still part of the deal.

I think RC was a really good coach. But I also think his time here had likely come to an end. Kidd, while likely not a better coach, just may be a better coach for the Mavs at this time. I'm hoping so. Also hoping he learned from his other gigs (he seems to have done so), and we get the new improved Kidd-HC 2.0!

I do think he will have a better relationship with Luca (big plus) and seems like maybe better with players overall (for acquisitions). Given that there seems to be universal agreement Mavs need roster improvements, those are both good things.

Maybe he'll be better at playing younger players, too. This article on Josh Green was interesting. Maybe some of the roster improvements are already ON the current roster.

Let's say KP improves (certainly a possibility), Green plays, and plays well...those two things alone would be an improved team.

Where I think people will miss RC is in game planning and in game adjustments...which will show up in close games.

But as I hear more about Kidd, and what he's done to make himself better, and his relationships around the league...I'm less concerned about him than I was initially.
I was about to ask for a link to the Josh Green article and barely saw it hyperlinked lol I need another coffee...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote