View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 09:51 PM   #1995
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I remember not so long ago when the main talk on this board and other boards was about structuring contracts to create cap space for the rich 2021 FA class.
Things drastically changed...especially when Giannis stayed in Milwaukee.
Yep, but getting Giannis was just as much of a pipedream as any other superstar. So if Giannis was a FA this summer, waited to make a decision, then would everyone lose their shit over it?

I'm just trying to get through this point that in this day and age even tier 2 and 3 guys are really hard to get.

Remember when we all thought we were getting Kemba Walker in 2019 just for Boston to clear Horford off the books and sign him?

FA is shitty, and we're going to miss out on guys again. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

What if Derozan doesn't even give us a meeting but Kawhi does? Should we just say no because Kawhi is a long shot?

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no logic in that.

And we don't even know if we do get a meeting with Kawhi, but if he grants it, then you'd be dumb not to take it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote