View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #2021
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And yet every FA we see teams willing to spend.

It's funny how everyone gives shit to the FO for not learning their lesson, but I'm not sure fans have either.
We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are in the contracts that actually get signed. I won't be surprised either way; however, if I were an owner, I'd certainly think twice about some of the ridiculous contracts in light of the falling NBA popularity and ratings that seem to be a reflection of widespread public dissatisfaction with professional athletes making political pronouncements.

I'm all for free speech, but free speech does not mean free from repercussions in a free society. If people choose to tune out and spend their money and attention elsewhere, then that's the risk one takes. I find it interesting how some will jump through hoops, so they don't piss off the chinese but don't give a second thought to pissing off a fair amount of their US fan base.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 09:32 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote