View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 06:32 AM   #3185
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Why do we assume it was money with Derozan? What if we just didn't like his fit? Whoever is in Mark's ear that is... Kidd or Nico both maybe Bob maybe Dirk Maybe Luka all or combination of. It's also not like the Mavs alone didn't target him, us fans might have wanted him here but lots of front offices clearly didn't want him. And with Tim I'm confused, first we want them to draw a line in the sand and say this is our limit with Tim now we might be upset he was possibly low balled compared to a desperate NOP team? Tim himself probably looked at that team and thought he would be the primary perimeter option and 2ndary scorer to Zion why leave here for that? I also recall when we got Wes the Kings offered him more and to try and get Deandre with him we offered to pay him more if we didn't pair him with another player. I like that we had a number and stuck to it instead of competing with what another team was willing to pay.

I keep seeing people wanting some sort of star but outside of guys who stayed with their current team and possibly a 33yr old Lowry who chose to play with a close friend(for 3/90...) who exactly is a star we missed out on? I never liked Lonzo or Dinwiddie and either mavs didn't either or they didn't like us. Calling them stars is also... borderline at best. Not every pg wants to play with Luka and then be placed off ball. Which is one of the reasons I wanted Derozan but Mavs didn't it looks like. Maybe it was his analytics maybe it was his defense maybe it was concern with spacing and fit who knows.

I still like what we have done. We got one of the better 3 and d guys on the market to replace the highly disappointing JRich and we got him on a very tradeable contract if need be. Same goes for Sterling Brown. We might get Dragic who is a solid player still and our franchise player loves. If we don't get Dragic I'm assuming we have a backup plan. We can always wait until trade deadline to improve further. Because compared to recent years it does seem like the Mavs are actually doing something this year it's just the deck was stackaged against us from the previous 2 shit off seasons(well more than that rly but mainly the last 2) and we saw going in that this was a weak free agency.

We still have a future pick to deal, we would have needed to use that to get Derozan at minimum. Chicago had 2 large expirings which we do not have. We have contracts which can be moved we have the TPE we have Brunson and Green if teams want them but with Green who knows what his value is when he isn't even getting minutes with Australia's team.

Lastly... Next year we won't have cap but at least we set ourselves up to be improved this season, especially if we have Dragic or some other playmaker, and we can package together starting on draft night our pick plus a future pick or two plus swaps plus powell's expiring and other contracts that are now positive contracts to either package with KP if his value comes back up or to get a 3rd star at that point.
I get it. There's a lot of frustration. By the time we get to that point we're talking about Luka's 5th season. Add 2 more years to make some good moves, and we're talking year 7. At least 3 years wasted due to ineptitude.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 08-04-2021 at 06:33 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote