View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 06:02 PM   #3521
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
They do have similar playstyles but this is a disservice to Monta Ellis. Monta averaged 18.9 ppg or more in nine different seasons. Monta was longer, quicker, more athletic, the better ball handler. and the better finisher. Honestly prime Monta was a lot like Dwayne Wade on offense. He's one of the most underrated players ever.
Its crazy man....I forget Monta was even here. I loved watching him play. Damn what i'd do for a Monta signing...you could argue that's one of the best signings we've ever landed when you factor in salary and skill. Hell maybe even one of the best players we've signed via free agency.

Burke isn't him for sure but I think he could have a similar impact. Maybe not 18 but something around 13 or 14 a game. Or maybe he's just a inconsistent guy that belongs on the bench. I mean I definitely see the Baby Iverson comparisons.....while being respectful to AI of course. You can tell he modeled his game after him. Probably a closer comparison than Monta.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote