View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 07:25 PM   #1918
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Not saying he's the same player now. Just saying that at the same point in both their careers, Brunson is actually super comparable and Lowry was considered the biggest FA piece this offseason.

Lowry in year 3 - per36
13pts, 4reb, 6ast on 44%/26%/80%

Brunson in year 3 - per 36
18pts, 5reb, 5ast on 52%/41%/80%

Obviously, Lowry has more defense and Brunson is more offense. Brunson has killer 3pt numbers, but isn't a volume 3pt shooter so that number is a little exaggerated. The numbers show that Brunson is a pro who works on his game every year and it shows in jumps in performance. He's already a solid starter/6th man who is primed to keep growing over the next few years.
Oh I agree with that. He’s been a real efficient player for us and even pretty tradeable on the extension contract if a deal presents itself. He’ll be getting more than some previous 6th man of the year types like Clarkson or Lou Williams but he is also younger and cap will rise so he’ll be less % against it. I just don’t see him ever being better than average defensively best case due to physical limitations. But I do like the guy and I’m pretty sure he’ll be at least offered the extension. Not sure what we’re waiting for? Maybe cap savvy people around here might have a better answer.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-19-2021 at 07:27 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote