View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 12:28 AM   #8
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
There's a lot of buzzwords to pick through that. I'll just say that I've never seen the words "asymptomatic" and "long haul" ever utilized than in the last two years. Seemingly made up out of nowhere and a crock of shit if you ask me. Time will tell all.

But all of these changes directly contradict anything said about this super tramsmittable virus. Something once so transmittable is now near impossible for vaxxed? Sure...

Just one anecdote for ya, since I guess Jason Tatum having "long haul" symptoms should be applied to all cases. My wife "tested positive" during labor. We were there for 14 hours, heavy breathing and all (unmasked), before the test came back. Only then did fear drive a needless response to kick out new grandparents and family, overkill "protection" protocols. They looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for them to run a 2nd test (also came back 14 hours later as negative, but I kept cool and just told them to make sure we were the first to be discharged in the morning). Sure, we would follow whatever in the mean time. But do people really just accept that something is wrong with them or that they are "sick" when there are absolutely no symptoms otherwise? "Asymptomatic" is a lie.

Also, 1000% would hear more about this "rise" in cases if any of these players in the NFL or NBA actually had symptoms. Either something is wrong with the tests and powers that be don't want to admit it, or the NFL is seriously covering up grave mistakes in their approach to testing. You won't find me holding my breath for any honesty or transparency from anyone.

You literally didn't offer any cogent counterpoints to the rationale I offered up on why the leagues are changing their testing and protocol logic. You don't seem too steeped in science by your irrelevant anecdote - congrats on baby by the way. Not sure if you realize it or not but science adjusts to new evidence unlike say, religion which is based on dogma and faith. Science is based on evidence and logic and adjusting theories to fit new evidence. What would a Bayesian do?

Last edited by Zeus; 12-26-2021 at 12:32 AM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote