View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 11:32 AM   #705
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
In my search for this Bill Simmons article, I found another list of worst contracts. It did not put Dinwittie or Betrans in the top 10, but KP was number 2.

https://thccommenter.medium.com/wors...e-edf5e0e938a9
Yeah I don't think a single person is arguing that any of the contracts are good.

KP is not only overpaid, he's got a whopper 100+ million dollar contract which means teams that get him are losing more than a third of their cap for the next three years.

Bertans is terrible because even at his pre-contract price, he wasn't living up to 16mill a year. Best case in my book, he's a Walt "Wizard" Williams/ Peja Stojakovic as a big tall forward who can hit some clutch threes while having his defensive shortcomings hidden, but that means he's a guy who gets a DNP one game and then put in for a few plays the next. He could be a net positive on the court if Kidd figures it out, but he's never going to be a net positive when compared to his money. At best we rehab him to the point of being tradable or just accept his 16mill a year for the next few years while playing him in spurts to break zones like Walt Williams or Peja.

Dinwiddie? I could see him surrounded by defensive guys like Kleber and Franky Smokes in that second unit and really flourishing. He will be overpaid no matter what and I think it's a guarantee that he is going to be a defensive pit, but if we can get him putting up like 15points and 5assists and being good enough to get Brunson/Luka some breaks, he will be a net positive, albeit one that isn't worth the 17mill. I guess I'm just most excited about having that third playmaker because it seems like Brunson is our starting SG now and Burke/Frank are not capable of running an offense. We need another guy who is capable of not only scoring, but also running an offense. Right now Kidd is having to overplay Luka and be smart with his Brunson because our five-man lineups without Brunson/Luka are like -25. If we can even tread water with a lineup that lacks Luka/Brunson, then that is a huge pickup.

I do wonder what that means when THJ comes back. Does he return to the starting lineup and then our second string is Brunson/Dinwiddie? That does seem solid and Brunson has shown that he can be good both on and off ball. If THJ keeps coming off the bench, I could see Dinwiddie getting THJ more open shots, but Dinwiddie/THJ would be a defensive nightmare. Then again, Dinwiddie could be Brunson insurance.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-11-2022 at 11:49 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote