View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 11:32 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
The Mavs recently beat the two teams with the best big men. And as for the playoffs, the Clippers don't have a dominant big man either, yet they eliminated Utah last year. And against Atlanta last year, Embid scored 31, 37 and 41 in three games they LOST, and got bounced in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, Milwaukee won it all without a dominant big.

So if teams without a super powered center can win the championship, I return to a modification of the original question, Are these Mavs good enough?
To be fair to this argument, Zubac and Lopez probably give you a better defensive chance against Gobert and Ayton than Powell and Maxi could. Not saying it can't be done, but I think most would welcome a big center to this roster like the two I mentioned. Doesn't have to be a star or stud, just needs to be a bigger compliment to Powell when needed, and to be able to do it longer than Boban.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote