View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #159
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
True, but at least he seems to have finally figured that out this season. Better late than never. The history of the NBA is littered with insanely talented dudes who coasted on their natural abilities and didn't take conditioning seriously enough. Some guys figure it out later in their careers, and some others never figure it out. Shaq would probably have been a top 5 all time player if he ever bothered to stay in shape during the offseason, but he never did.
Shit, the history of anything, more so for sports at any level. I can admit I was a prime example of getting by from natural abilities that I flamed out (baseball - injury didn't help). Fact is still relevant that hard work is part of the equation of success. I certainly didn't give what I could to the weight room, practice facilities, diet, etc...the same applies to a professional. It's a huge part of the job and of course even harder in the offseason. But I do think Luka understands now and we will see if he has the drive to be one of the greats of all time. He certainly has the opportunity, but longevity plays a big part in those names and careers remembered most.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote