View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #100
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Even if we don't get the third seed, I'm feeling WAY better about our playoff chances than I have in any year since 2011. Not even exaggerating. The Mavs are getting hot and firing on all cylinders exactly at the right time.

History has shown that margin of victory is a great indicator of what teams do well in the playoffs, and that really good teams consistently blow out bad teams. In these past two games against bad teams with nothing to play for, the Mavs delivered exactly what they needed to- total and utter domination.

And if us ultimately getting the 4th seed means we draw Utah instead of Denver, that's not such a bad thing, because Utah is coming apart at the seams, and I really think we can destroy that team.
I think most of us would agree that the problem isn't Utah or Denver

I think the Mavs can beat either team although Utah IMO would be the more difficult task because the Mavs haven't won a game in Utah in their last 11 outings if I'm not mistaken.

But the real prize in obtaining that 3rd seed as opposed to 4th seed is because you avoid Phoenix in the 2nd round.

I think that is why so many Mavs fans and the Media wants to get that 3rd seed.

Phoenix is a thorn in the side of the Mavs have just simply have Dallas # especially in 4th Qtr's.

Chris Paul plays with great basketball IQ late in games and Dallas simply hasn't been able to defend him or Booker to close out games.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-09-2022 at 02:00 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote