Thread: Mavs at Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 05:23 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I don't think Wood is the answer. Sure, he can get in his bag on offense, but almost everything else is a negative. Defense, FT shooting, passing out of failed drives, screening. Legit, go watch any of our other big men set a screen and you'll see.

He should be at the top for consideration to trade. He's our best asset aside from Luka and maybe Dinwiddie, and of course picks. Cut the cord now if they truly don't see a future.

For everyone clamoring about DFS, Maxi, Powell, Bullock, your one trick fucking pony is Wood. The difference between him and the others and the problem? He thinks he's a first team all NBA type and has burned the trail of teams before him. I didn't listen to my fam who are Rockets fans when they said he's a good player but a headcase. Of course, I gave my usual scoff of it's the Rockets etc. but there's more history to it than that.
I agree with a lot of this. Wood is not *the* answer. It's not crystal clear that he wouldn't have helped our record a lot more if we had tried him in the SLU and more mins early on but it is what it is at this point. Team FTs would have also helped our record fwiw.

That said, I'm more clear that Dfs,Maxi, dp, Bullock, Thj are 100% one trick ponies. Many nights they don't even have 1 trick. Setting picks are cool but who gives a shit when that's about all you get? Seriously, picks/screens is the most meh thing to defend these guys, who have been bouncing off their ceiling for a cpl years now.

I agree with trading him because it's not going to work for a handful of reasons. We just dont have anything else that teams want.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote