Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 10:47 AM   #988
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
The source I grabbed that from had a qualifier I missed of the last 3 games LOL of course we were last...my bad, bad reading of stats.

It can be indicative for sure. Poeltl's first two games weren't as successful, and he's averaged over 5 fouls a game. They also appeared to be force feeding him as the Magic had no answer. All nitpicking, but part of my skepticism of giving up all of that for what Poeltl brings.

Of course he'd make us better, but do not think he solves the problem and that's what you'd expect when giving up so much.
I should share my source tbh. If you aren't following Grant Afseth on Twitter (@GrantAfseth), he is a really good Mavs insider that dives into plays and actual basketball while covering the team and reporting.

Below is what he posted:

Most Opponent Points In Paint Per Game (Last 3 Games):

1. Dallas Mavericks: 64.0
2. San Antonio Spurs: 63.3
3. Minnesota Timberwolves: 62.7
4. Charlotte Hornets: 62.0
5. Detroit Pistons: 59.3

So EL, going by your link, the Mavs would be by far the worst interior defense by almost double digits. Yuck...

Last edited by saclare; 02-15-2023 at 10:47 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote