Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 12:10 PM   #991
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Then I'm starting Wood at least until Kleber gets back. Wood is our best shot blocker and best offensive center. Yes, he is lazy on defense at times and so is the rest of our roster. I'd rather just go all in on offense at this point. Can't watch another game of Powell doing diddly shit in the starting lineup.

It is so bizarre that with Luka out, Powell looked like an NBA player. Now he looks like the same ole, same ole again. It should be the total opposite.
To me, the way they played without Luka and Kyrie, it screams that Luka has to be the one to alter his game. No doubt was he putting up historic stat lines, but it doesn't translate into long term success and definitely will not cut it in a playoff series.

I would also say Kidd has his work cut out for him. You can't simply keep running the same splits for Luka (full 1st quarter, etc.). I never got that notion other than beefing up 1st quarter stats as if anyone gives a flying shit. In the end, it's wins that matter. Have to figure out ways to let Luka and Kyrie run with this squad.

That takes Luka turning up the dial and introducing some pace. And Kidd figuring out that with two of the best in the league the Mavs can have at least one on the court at all times. That's going to take some rotation experiments and ego checks. But it can be done.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote