Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 10:42 AM   #1070
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty clear to me we're not contenders until we shore up our defense & rebounding. Relying on Maxi coming off a major injury is a fool's errand.

That being said our number one priority by far is resigning Kyrie this offseason. That's 90% of the battle to becoming a true contender. With him in the fold long-term you have three foundational starters/ pieces: Luka, Green, and Kyrie.

This offseason I would do the following if Kyrie resigns:

-let Frank and Morris walk

-resign Powell, Pinson, Holiday, Wright, and Lawson to minimum deals (or let them walk if they don't want to take that)

-continue to shop around McGee, Bertans, THJ... Bertans is essentially an expiring deal and THJ's salary decreases significantly, so I wouldn't attach picks to get rid of them

-try your best to S&T Wood, otherwise let him walk

-hand out the taxpayer MLE to Nerlens Noel, Brook Lopez, etc.

-utilize future picks to upgrade wings

If Kyrie doesn't resign we're f*cked. No other way to say it. Unless he agrees to a S&T that brings in a trove of assets.