View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 04:06 PM   #1355
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And the McGee stuff we just don't know because he wasn't played consistently.

The Wood stuff we know more about. Wood went from 34 mpg in January producing at a very high level (only one bad game that month) to 19 mpg for no rational reason behind it. Even if you don't like Wood, there really is no defense to doing that when we don't have any other big men to save the day.

They are literally just now experimenting Wood with McGee in small spurts when it doesn't matter anymore. Just awful mismanagement.
We can only guess as to what traspired for these two this year.

No clue on McGee. My best guess is injury or just simply miscast. I'd love to know the true story on his recruitment and where the starting role story came from. It'd be hard to convince me it was Kidd at this point given the minutes and all...

Wood has been talked about ad nauseum on here. I'm just not losing sleep over this guy. I don't disagree that he should have gotten more consistent playing time. But we are talking about a guy on his 7th team in as many seasons. There's got to be more to it internally that we simply are not privy to...not sure what else we can go by.

I would think that in such a disappointing season that some animosity or ill will would have come to light. The fact that no player or coach said anything as to Wood's or McGee's playing time says a lot. Then again, I can also see where that wouldn't be their place or why no one would speak up.

Basically, I can see scenarios where it's not surprising to me each player's circumstance. We will never know the full reasoning...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote