View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 09:52 AM   #767
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Well there are other players I'd prefer over Collins but the 15th pick is not much different than the 10th if you are looking at BPA and not need which Mavs should be doing. The reason I would go for collins is he produces and upgrades team athleticism. He upgrades the roster and Mavs as long KI is back aren't that far off. He was 20/10 player who shot 40% from 3. He is a really good rim runner and slasher. He is only 25 so don't see why a he cannot get back similar to that level in new change of scenery. So sometimes it is the fit and Hawks began using him much differently after acquiring Capela. Even as a small ball center, he is quite the upgrade over Powell. Mavs want to compete now so getting basically a 2 for 1 deal gives them assets. You get a productive vet and still have a solid draft pick. I remember all the negativity when Dinwiddie was obtained and he turned out to be quite good.

IMO, wood is an OK defender in the paint. It's the switches and help defense that Kidd wants. Collins is probably better periemter defender. I'd like to have both.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/11/john...s-trade-value/

Last edited by sig; 06-16-2023 at 09:57 AM.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote