View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 03:51 PM   #855
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Now, the talk is for D Lively? 6 pts and 6 rbs a game. Yikes. Mavs had Porzingis, Wood and McGee. Yes, none are superstars but one of those should have worked out as a center already. The bottom line is Mavs need a center that can shoot the three so it opens the land for Luka or Irving. Realistically, the Mavs don?t know how to use big men. Its too guard oriented. Seems pretty hopeless as long as Kidd is on board. He just isn?t a good coach. I don?t even think he is that smart. Not very hopeful as the Mavs are too proud to admit mistakes. Kidd is staying and a lot of fans are going to be disenchanted.
Well maybe not the part on Kidd offensive X's and O's but I think the Mavs need to get away from stand on line 3 point shooters and watchng Luka and KI. Mavs need more athletic defenders and to play faster off of defensive rebounds as much as they can. In half court there should be more motion and ball movement. Slashers and Rim runners.

If Lively lives up to his potential then he is exactly what the Mavs need which is why you hear they want Capela not Collins. Of course the contract is a factor. A defender who Rim Runs in PnR's. I was against Lively at 10 but no more. Maybe I am buying into some smoke factor. Guys like Lively and Hendrix scare me with high Bust potential but the high Boom factor makes picking them OK, IMO.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote