View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 10:37 PM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Roster under contract as of 6/23
Lively/McGee/???
Prosper/Kleber/Holmes
THJ/Green/Bullock
Hardy/???/???
Luka/???/???

Free agents: Kyrie, Wood, Powell, Morris, Frank, Theo, Holiday
Let's just go ahead and assume Kyrie re-signs, which I think is a pretty safe bet at this point considering nobody else seems particularly interested.

Then our lineup so far looks like

Luka/???
Kyrie/Hardy
Green/THJ/Prosper
Maxi/Bullock
Lively/Holmes

It seems we could use a backup PG, maybe another big just for insurance in case Lively is too raw and Holmes is totally washed. It'll be really interesting to see what the Mavs do with the MLE, and/or if they manage to pull off another trade.

But man, this roster is shaping up nicely. If Green and Hardy continue developing on the trajectory showed last year, this could be a real bounce-back year for the Mavs. Both of those young guys were my sole reasons for hope at the end of the season. I feel like Hardy could be a legit star in the making, and Green could be an Iguodala-like franchise cornerstone. If these guys are actually as good as they looked at the end of last year, a Luka/Green/Hardy nucleus could be something special to build around for years to come.

The only huge if (and I do mean HUGE) is if Luka and Kyrie can make it work together. If they can do that, I can easily see this being a 55-ish win team again.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote