View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #22
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

There is no way the Mavs couldn't get an Ayton deal because the Suns refused to take McGee. Now if they were asking for Green or Hardy instead then fine but if they wanted Holmes and THJ and 27 FRP then Mavs shpuld have been all over that. I get Ayton has grown some warts but the guy can play.

IMO, Wood is a better defender than Powell. He may have some breakdowns on swtiches but he is far better protecting the rim and rebounding than Powell. This is on Kidd even if Wood didn't live up to what Mavs wanted. I'd rather have him offensively anyday than THJ. He shoots 3's as good and is pretty solid when you get him the ball in the paint.

I think a solid center to add for depth would be Plumlee from Charlotte/Clips? Could he be had with BiAnnual Excpetion?

Would Wiz take 27 FRP, THJ and McGee/Bullock for Kuzma at 25 mil. I think Kuzma wants to be in LA and at least on the West coast but think Portland or Sacto might make more sense. But they have the Murray bros so maybe not.

I'm curious what the Mavs think of AJ Lawson. They seemed to be upset when they lost him out of summer league last year but quickly signed him when he became available. I didn't think much of him in the summer league but he looked good in the tank game to close the season. He is like a 2nd round pick for me and will turn 23 in a week or 2.

Last edited by sig; 06-27-2023 at 10:14 AM.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote