View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 11:39 PM   #1988
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Just because it?s slow in late-July and all of August doesn?t mean it won?t happen at all.

About 1/3 of all off-season trades and a ton of the biggest trades happen in September.

Donovan Mitchell to Cavs (rebuild)
Bojan to Detroit (rebuild)

Demar Derozan to Bulls
Ball to Bulls
Valanciunas to Pels
Steven Adam?s to grizzlies
Westbrook to Lakers
Lowry to Heat/Precious to Raptors
Shamet to Suns and Carter to Nets
Also Richardson for Moses Brown missed August by one day

That?s a lot of trade volume and last year?s was relatively quiet compare to prior years. It?s also a lot of rebuilding/retooling teams like the Jazz. I think it makes sense because if you?re rebuilding, you spend July taking offers and don?t make moves until you?ve made sure you have the best deal.

We potentially have a lot of teams considering rebuilds/retools
1) Raptors without a PG and Siakam expiring
2) Wolves potentially wanting out on Towns
3) Philly dumping Harden and either full rebuild or else a retool around Embiid
4) Portland looking to get best value from Lillard with a rebuild being the most likely scenario (rather than a retool)

I could be wrong but those scenarios all lead me to believe we will have an above average August. Doesn?t mean we will make a trade but it does mean the NBA doesn?t look done.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2023 at 11:51 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote