View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 04:34 PM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's really hard to blame Kidd for the rotations. Who was he supposed to play in the frontcourt? With Lively out he had only a few options: Kleber (sucked balls), Powell (okay but doesnt protect the paint), Holmes (huge defensive liability)

I used to think this team needed a stopgap starting center. With Lively being so good so quick, I now think that we need a quality second stringer. If Lively is sick/injured or gets in foul trouble, the rest of the bullpen is an absolute liability.

Powell-- third stringer at best
Kleber -- might be done
Holmes -- unplayable if a team is using length and being aggressive inside.
Exactly. I'm by no means a fan of Kidd. I hated the hire to begin with and I thought he was pretty terrible last year. But I think he's been ok this year so far, and I definitely don't see how you can blame him for last night. Lively is the only quality big on the team. If Lively is out, we're kinda screwed.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote